Cardinal Cardinal Justinian Serédi had the castle built in 1935 in the woods above Süttõ on the basis of the plans of Dr. Gáspár Fábián. The castle, decorated with locally mined red marble, was used by Hungarian soldiers to protect the Danube during World War II, when a truck carrying oil exploded in front of the entrance – the black traces of the explosion can still be seen on the walls of the castle. After the Cardinal’s death, the castle was first used as a children’s nursery, then as a seat of the Metropolitan Council, then after the regime change it was taken over by the local government and finally returned to the Catholic Church in 1999. Today, the building is run by the Timisoara Pelbart Franciscan High School and College, which organises forest schools and various programmes.